Steelers Fan Rooting Guide: Who to Cheer on in Other Games, Week 15
In every game the Steelers play on the pitch, it’s about going about their own business with a win. It doesn’t always happen, but the goal is always the playoffsâ¦ other games are all about ranking and matchups. With the Steelers having to control their fate against the Titans, other competitions still count for Steelers Nation and we’re assuming the Steelers will continue to earn more for this drill. Here is a guide to the other important encounters, and the losses of which would benefit the Steelers more.
If the season ends today, the Steelers would be the AFC’s sixth seed.
Here is the current AFC qualifying photo enter week 15
- Kansas City Chiefs 10-4 (last week: n Â° 4) Would win AFC West and earn a bye in the first round
- New England Patriots 9-4 (Last week: # 1) Would win the AFC East and host the Bison tickets
- Tennessee Titans 9-4 (Last week: # 2) Would win AFC South and host the Indianapolis Colts
- Baltimore Ravens 8-5 (last week: n Â° 3) Would win the AFC North and host the Los Angeles Chargers
- Los Angeles Chargers 8-6 (last week: # 5) Would be Wildcard No. 1 and visit the Baltimore Ravens
- Indianapolis Colts 7-6 (Last week: # 8) Would be Wildcard # 2 and visit the Tennessee Titans
- Bison tickets 7-6 (last week: n Â° 7) Would be No. 3 Wildcard and visit the New England Patriots
- Cleveland browns 7-6 (Last week: # 11)
- Cincinnati Bengals 7-6 (Last week: # 6)
- Denver Broncos 7-6 (Last week: # 9)
- Pittsburgh Steelers 6-6-1 (last week: No.12)
- Las Vegas Adventurers 6-7 (last week: # 10)
- Miami dolphins 6-7 (last week: # 13)
- New York Jets 3-10 (last week: # 14)
- Jacksonville Jaguars 2-11 (Last week: # 15)
- Houston Texans 2-11 (last week: # 16)
Saturday, December 18
Las Vegas Raiders at Cleveland Browns – Saturday 4:30 p.m. (NFLN)
That game was moved to Monday night due to the Browns being destroyed by COVID, but that doesn’t mean Nick Chubb couldn’t lead them to victory at home. The Steelers need the Raiders to help them.
For whom to root: Las Vegas Raiders
New England Patriots vs. Indianapolis Colts – Saturday 8:20 p.m. (NFLN)
The Colts are a pretty hot team right now and are ahead of the Steelers in the American Football Conference. I understand the Pats are not the favorites for supporters of black and gold, but New England is a likely winner of the division and not Indy’s immediate threat.
For whom to root: New England Patriots
Sunday December 19
New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins – Sunday 1 p.m. (CBS)
The Dolphins are on the heels of the Steelers and while a Miami win will only kill the Steelers if they lose, there is no reason to support the âphinsâ.
For whom to root: New York Jets
Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars – Sunday 1 p.m. (CBS)
I would love to see Jacksonville not only so as not to be the first choice, but to be able to celebrate with the tyrannical Urban Meyer relieved of his duties.
For whom to root: Jacksonville Jaguars
Carolina Panthers at Buffalo Bills – Sunday 1 p.m. (FOX)
The Bills are on the ropes and the Steelers could overtake them soon. Plus, it’s always great to see fans in western New York City so depressed that they can’t slam a woman’s body through a flaming table.
For whom to root: Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals at Denver Broncos – Sunday 4:05 p.m. (CBS)
The Broncos haven’t folded yet, but they still have the schedule that suggests it’s possible. The Bengals need to get down and they are the obvious choice of the Rooting Guide.
For whom to root: Denver Broncos
Green Bay Packers at the Baltimore Ravens – Sunday 1 p.m. (FOX)
The Ravens are hoping this game will be played on their home turf, M&T Bank Stadium. The Steelers are hoping in this game that the Packers play the way they do at Lambeau.
For whom to root: Green Bay Packers
Who do you love in these games for the love of the yinzer? Let us know in the comments section of this article or on BTSC social media. In the meantime, take this Terrible Towel and start to take root.
If you want more explanation on these choices, check out the new Rooting Guide podcast below: